10 Ways to Relieve Allergies
There are around 60 million seasonal allergy sufferers. If you’re one of them , you might be feeling like this is one of the worst seasons ever thanks to the heavy rains in most areas of the country. But you don’t have to suffer this much. Here are ten ways to relieve your allergy symptoms:
1. Stay indoors when the pollen is peaking, between 5 a.m. and 10 a.m.
2. Wear sunglasses when you’re outside to block the pollen from getting into your eyes.
3. Don’t touch your eyes even though they’re itchy. Touching your eyes introduces more pollen. Instead if you can’t stand the itch, just dab them with a clean tissue. Even better, rinse them with water.
4. If you can have someone else mow the lawn, wash the car, or plant the petunias, do it.
5. Write down when and where your allergy symptoms are worse. Your diary will reveal how you can limit your exposure.
6. Keep your bedroom pollen-free so you can get a good night’s sleep. Don’t put clothing, shoes or purses you’ve worn outside on or near your bed.
7. Shower or bathe before bed to get the pollen off your hair and body.