Lasagna Rolls With Tofu
The sun may have a several health benefits, including lifting depression and vitamin D levels, but frequent exposure to it will also lead to a ruddy skin complexion -- and worse, premature aging. Sunscreens and hats are a necessity to combat the aging process, but what better way to fight wrinkles than to cook up a delicious lasagna roll?
This vegetarian Italian meal, from eatingwell.com, replaces ricotta cheese with crumbled tofua super food known to preserve skin-firming collagen.
- 12 whole-wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce package extra-firm water-packed tofu, drained, rinsed and crumbled
- 3 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 25-ounce jar marinara sauce, preferably lower-sodium, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Cant wait to eat your way to younger skin? Click here for the directions at eatingwell.com
Other soy-based foods, such as edamame and soymilk, also contain the anti-aging compound isoflavone.