Low-Cost Makeup Recommendations
With the current economy, however, it may be time to take her advice to heart.
In a recent issue of her media newsletter, Begoun offers specific recommendations for drugstore products that do the job.
"Despite spending concerns in many areas, lots of women freely admit they won't curb their spending on cosmetics," she says.
Though in the scheme of things, a lipstick can't be compared with splurging on a new car, Begoun insists wasting money on expensive skin care and makeup products can really add up, and isn't at all necessary.
Here's a sampling of low-cost drugstore products she's tested and recommends, promising you won't have to sacrifice quality. Some of these companies also make more expensive lines sold in department stores.
- Best Inexpensive Foundation With Sunscreen for Normal To Dry Skin: Revlon ColorStay Make-up with Softflex: SPF 15 ($12.99); Almay Line Smoothing Compact Makeup SPF 15 ($13.99).
- Best Inexpensive Foundation With Sunscreen for Normal to Oily/ Combination Skin: Revlon Beyond Natural Skin Matching Makeup SPF 15 ($12.99); Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup SPF 20 ($10.99); L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup SPF 17 ($9.99).
- Best Inexpensive Concealers: L'Oreal Paris True Match Concealer ($7.39); Revlon Age Defying Concealer SPF 20 ($8.99); Maybelline Age Renewal Double Face Perfector ($8.99).
- Best Inexpensive Blushes: Jane Blushing Cheeks Blush ($3.79); Wet 'n' Wild Silk Finish Blush ($2.99); Maybelline New York Dream Mousse Blush ($7.99).
- Best Inexpensive Lipsticks: Jane Lipkick Rich Color Lipstick ($4.49); Wet 'n' Wild Shine Lip Lacquer ($2.99); NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear (99 cents).
- Best Inexpensive Lip Glosses: lf Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 ($1); Rimmel Vinyl Lip ($5.50).
- Best Inexpensive Long-Wearing Lip Color: Cover Girl Outlast All- Day Lipcolor ($9.99); Maybelline New York Superstay Lipcolor ($9.99); Wet 'n' Wild Mega-Last Long-Lasting Lipcolor ($3.99).
To sign up for Paula's free newsletter, check out www.cosmeticscop.com.