Heart Healthy Artichoke and Spinach Dip
This creamy artichoke and spinach dip takes out all the saturated fat and leaves in all the healthy nutrients for a satisfying, yet light, taste.
The dip only uses the heart of the artichoke, which you can buy frozen or canned in supermarkets. Artichoke hearts contain potent antioxidants and nutrients that are good for your liver.
Watch the video below as Chef MD shows you how to make a healthy dipperfect with sliced vegetables or wheat bread.
- 1 (14 oz.) can quartered or whole artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 (7 oz.) tub 2% fat Greek style yogurt, such as Fage or Trader Joe's
- cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon each: salt, freshly ground black pepper and freshly ground nutmeg
- 2 cups baby carrots or large carrot chips
- 1 head Belgian endive, end trimmed, separated into leaves
16 pretzel rods
Cant wait to smother your veggies with this healthy tip? Click here for the rest of the directions.