How to Make Online Dating Work For You
Whether you want to have a unique first date, make a good date better, or avoid a bad date entirely, these strategies will help!
1. Get moving. Men like activity and respond well to dates that get them out of the restaurant chair. While you may want to make a va-va-voom impression in your skirt and heels, you’ll get to know each other better when and have more fun when you do something active together, like taking a walk or going bowling or bicycling. Just make sure your activity is happening where other people are doing something similar. Avoid remote locations or out-of- the- way destinations until you’re sure you know who you’re with.
2. Be spontaneous. Say you get to the multiplex and the film you both want to see is sold out. Just pick another film….or better yet, forget the movie and check out the coffee bar around the corner instead.
3. Ask a lot of questions. How else are you going to find out who he is?
4. Be able to tell your life story in 100 words or less. When asked about yourself, have a prepared synopsis. Be informative but upbeat, and don’t give too many details, like how many times you’ve been married, if it’s more than once.
5. Play the game of six degrees of separation. Chances are you know someone in common, or some place. Ask where he went to college or high school. Find out who his neighbor is.