Top 10 Tips for Saving on Style
Top 10 tips to beat the credit crunch in style by Sara Smith, style advisor and store manager at Principles in Plymouth, U.K.
1. Get more for your money. When it comes to picking that perfect party outfit, save some pennies by opting for a dress rather than separates. Buy the best you can afford and take advantage of the great offers available this season.
2. Mix and match. Give the shop's stylists a challenge and take along an item you love for them to bring up-to-date by combining it with something fabulous from their new collections.
3. The grass isn't always greener... Save your gas money and stick to local stores. You can spend what you save on gas on a little something for yourself.
4. Be bold. Scarves and chunky necklaces are the easiest way to update your wardrobe. Better still, these small purchases can make a big statement without costing an arm and a leg.
5. Think catwalk copycat. Buying a handbag with a four-digit price tag may not be an option, but there's no reason why you can't be inspired by the catwalk and get a similar look for less.
6. Talk to the experts. Salespeople are there to help, so make use of their expert advice. You'll be surprised how much time you'll save if you give them some direction as to what you're looking for. Time is money and they know their stock.