Abdominal Muscle Strain Treatment
- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Treat Abdominal Muscle Strain
- After the injury, stop the activity right way.
- Rest as needed.
- Apply a cold pack for 15-20 minutes. Apply ice four times a day for 1-2 days.
- Take pain medications, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen. These can also help to reduce swelling.
- Begin gentle stretching when pain subsides.
- If you do not improve in 1-2 days, call your doctor.
- Ask your doctor when you can return to normal activity.
- When you are feeling better, do exercises to slowly regain strength.
- Use heat when returning to activity.
There are no articles are available for Abdominal Muscle Strain.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2013 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO