Acetaminophen Poisoning Prevention
- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Prevent Acetaminophen Poisoning
To help reduce your chances of getting acetaminophen poisoning, take the following steps:
- Follow your doctor's or the package directions regarding dosing and duration of therapy when taking acetaminophen; always ask your doctor if you have questions.
- Do not substitute sustained-release acetaminophen preparations for immediate-release preparations without adjusting the dosing interval.
- When taking combination medications (eg, cold medications), read the label to determine if acetaminophen is an ingredient; avoid taking multiple medications at once that contain acetaminophen.
- Avoid heavy alcohol intake.
There are no articles are available for Acetaminophen Poisoning.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2013 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO