- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Prevent Alopecia
There are no prevention guidelines for the most common type of hair loss, male-pattern baldness. However, the following tips may help you avoid other types of hair loss:
- Do not pull your hair tightly into a ponytail, cornrows, or curlers.
- Learn and practice stress-management techniques.
- Obtain medical care for acute illnesses and to manage chronic conditions.
- Eat healthy, well-balanced meals.
There are no articles are available for Alopecia.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2013 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO