- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Prevent Coccidioidomycosis
There is no completely effective way to prevent being infected with valley fever. Take extra precautions in areas where the infection is most common and during months when the chance of infection is increased.
To help reduce your chances of getting valley fever, take the following steps:
- When working outside in the soil, especially in areas where the fungus is common, you should:
- Always wear a mask.
- Wet down the soil to reduce the spores in the air.
- Keep doors and windows tightly closed in areas where the fungus is common.
- Go inside during a dust storm.