- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Prevent Frostbite
To help prevent frostbite, dress properly when going outside in cold weather. For example:
- Cover your head, face, hands, and feet adequately.
- Wear layers of clothing.
- Wear materials that provide good insulation. It should keep moisture away from the skin. (eg, wool, polyester, polypropylene)
- Make sure you wear a waterproof outer layer and stay dry.
- Avoid drinking alcohol when you will be in cold weather.
There are no articles are available for Frostbite.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2013 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO