- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Prevent Hypoglycemia
Measures that can help prevent hypoglycemia include:
People With Diabetes
- Monitor your medicine. Take it as prescribed.
- Follow the diet and exercise plans given by your doctor.
- Avoid drinking alcohol in excess.
Non-Diabetic People Prone to Hypoglycemia
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol.
- Eat frequent, small meals (5 to 6 per day).
- Take care to eat sufficiently before exercising.
People Prone to Severe Hypoglycemia
In addition to the above measures:
- Wear a medical alert bracelet or other medical alert identification.
- Learn to recognize symptoms and take quick corrective measures.
There are no articles are available for Hypoglycemia.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2013 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO