My mother signed a quick deed to property in vt but has dementia can these be contested?

Know the answer? Share your knowledge and answer this Dementia question.


Take Action

< Dementia Questions

Questions About Dementia

My mother signed a quick deed to property in vt but has dementia can these be contested?
my sister in law has POA for now but i am the other brother going to probate court in conn for conservatory ship of my mother and is being brought to the attention of the courts about these. I did call the town clerk office and they are aware of these but have to file the papers when received,does anyone know of what legal action and how can i get these revoked as she is not in her right mind in doing so,But conn probate court wont do anything about these because it is in another state.Do i need to go to vt probate court about these or what?My sister in law and her husband( my so called brother ) they have basically used her social security check and had the property signed in conn over to them yrs ago now they are money hungry thieves.Instead of my mothers well being and using her property for sale for her care.
You can have her declared mentally incompetent and sue the person who had her sign. You have to do it in your mother's state of residence.
It is best if you could seek proper legal advise i.e. an attorney, a friend who is a judge etc. In my opinion, if you are going to claim that your mother suffers from dementia, you need some solid evidence with no conflicting date/timeline to back it up and preferably medical professional(s) in the relevant areas with good credentials.
You will have to go into state civil court where the property is located , they will have jurisdiction As toward success in your complaint, only a VT estate lawyer who has review the facts, maybe have a Doc to examine your mother to see if you even have a case, but if you are thinking about going pro-se on revoking a deed transfer it maybe uphill battle

Latest Articles

There are no articles are available for Dementia.

Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2014 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO