- What It Is
- Risk Factors
- Living With
- User Questions
- Alternative Treatment
- Care Guide
- Questions for Your Doctor
- When to Contact a Doctor
- Find a Doctor
- Resource Guide
How to Prevent Vertigo
If you are prone to vertigo, the following precautions may help prevent an episode:
- Rest your head on two or more pillows while sleeping.
- Avoid sleeping on the bad side of your head.
- In the morning, get up slowly and sit on the edge of the bed for a minute before standing.
- Avoid bending down to pick items up.
- Avoid extending your neck, such as to get something out of a cabinet.
- Be careful at the dentist's office, hair salon, in sports activities, or positions where your head is flat or extended.
There are no articles are available for Vertigo.
Please be aware that this information is provided to supplement the care provided by your physician. It is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. CALL YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER IMMEDIATELY IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Copyright ©2014 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved. Source: EBSCO