Aphrodisiac Filled Lobster and Orange-Basil Salad
Chef Gavin Kaysen of Caf Boulud stops by the Today Show to show you how to heat up your Valentine's Day celebration with this aphrodisiac-filled lobster and orange-basil salad.
Boiled lobster is spread over a spoonful of funnel puree and garnished with orange-basil gremolata, baby fennel and Bibb lettuce. Drizzle vanilla oil around the plate. For a slimmer meal, go light on the fennel puree.
Four featured aphrodisiacs:
Almonds are associated with passion and fertility and can help boost the sex drive. It is said to also be useful in treating sexual inadequacies, such as premature ejaculation.
Basil is said to stimulate the sex drive, boost fertility and induce a general sense of well-being for the mind and body.
Fennel was found in the 1930s to contain a rich source of natural estrogen. It is said to contain antioxidant activity that can enhance the libido.
Vanillas scent and flavor is believed to heighten lust.
- 2 lobsters (approximately 1 pound each)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 each baby fennel, trimmed
- 1 large head fennel, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Sherry vinegar, to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head Bibb lettuce
- 2 tablespoons vanilla oil
- 2 navel oranges, freshly grated zest and juice
- 8 leaves basil, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped toasted almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Salt, to taste
Click here for the written directions.
Try this recipe with his-and-her aphrodisiac drinks.