Healthy Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
Looking for a no-frills meal that will be enjoyable for the kids and also maintain your pre-holiday waistline?
Then come into the kitchen with food network star and renowned nutritionist Ellie Krieger, as she walks you through the simple 6-minute process of making her buffalo chicken salad.
Though not fried like regular buffalo wings, the chicken still delivers that extra kick with its generous serving of cayenne pepper sauce, so children wont even noticeor complainthat its on a bed of fresh Romaine greens and carrots.
- 2 (8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons cayenne peper hot sauce (or other hot sauce), plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 hearts Romaine, cut into 1-inch strips (about 8 cups)
- 4 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, coarsely grated
- 2 scallions, green part only, sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
Click here for Krieger's blue cheese dressing recipe and directions. For the adventurous, fire up your taste buds with as many doses of hot sause as you want.