Barley and Wild Rice Pilaf with Pomegranate Seeds
Pomegranates have long been heralded by nutritionists for their potent antioxidants. Combine the "superfood" of pomegranate with healthy whole grains in this barley and wild rice pilaf recipe from eatingwell.com. It makes a colorful addition to any dinner table.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds (1 large fruit)
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Cant wait for a spoonful of this moist and tender dish? Then click here for the rest of the directions at eatingwell.com.