Female Heart Attack Symptoms
According to the American Heart Association, the body will send out at least one warning sign to let you know that you may be experiencing a heart attack. Some signs and symptoms of heart attack can include the following:
- Pain, pressure or a squeezing sensation in your chest that can last up till one minute.
- A mild to intense pain that seems to spread throughout the shoulders, chest, neck and arms. This sensation can feel like pressure, tightening or burning, and may also be located in your upper abdomen, neck, or jaw.
- Light-headedness with accompanying feelings of nausea, sweating and shortness of breath.
- Increased or irregular heart rate.
Each attack is different, and you may not experience all the symptoms. The symptoms may appear, disappear and then return. It is recommended that if you show signs of any of these symptoms, you should see your doctor immediately. If you having a heart attack, time is of the essence in order to reduce any damage your heart may sustain as quickly as possible.
- Feelings of indigestion
- Dizziness, nausea or vomiting
- Fatigue and weakness
- Recurring chest pains
Contact your doctor immediately should any of these warning signs occur.