How to Make Your Marriage Strong
The reality is that all of the wonderful benefits of a long-term relationship come with intense responsibilities. Building a balanced, equal partnership isn't an easy task and can't be ordered off of a take-out menu.
For a partnership to be healthy, both parties have to feel equally valued in relation to emotions, lifestyle, finances and objectives. Here are some questions to help you start weighing the equality in your own relationship.
Are Your Priorities Just as Important?
1. Is your partner aware of your goals, dreams and hopes for the future?
2. Does your relationship allow you to pursue these objectives?
3. Is your partner supportive of your endeavors? Are you equally supportive of his/hers?
4. Do you frequently adapt your schedule to meet your partner's needs?
5. Does one party in the relationship seem to extend more effort on the "us"?
Are You a Financial Equal?
1. Does one partner bring more money into the relationship? Are both of you comfortable with this situation?
2. Are you aware of your partner's assets, debts and spending habits?
3. Do you find it difficult to discuss financial issues with your partner?