How to Keep Your Marriage Exciting
- Share readings from your favorite poets, novelists or spiritual teachers, and offer your thoughts by the glow of candlelight.
- Work on a creative project together.
- Keep a journal with ideas, feelings, personal letters or drawings you may want to share with each other. This creative activity is especially good for couples who are very busy or travel a lot.
- Visit a museum or art exhibit, see a play or cultural event, or do something different that will inspire you to share new ideas with each other.
- Make a list with your partner of new things you'd both like to learn, and then take a class or one-day workshop at a community center or YMCA. Some classes on massage, yoga or swing-dancing are especially made for couples.
- Ask local agencies for information on volunteer projects, and work on social causes you both care about.
- Visit a local gospel church, your neighborhood mosque, or visit a Jewish or Buddhist temple.
Exploring new views about life can be a fascinating journey of discovery. Have fun sharing and discussing new ideas and activities, and keep the mental attraction and excitement alive in your relationship.
If you would like to learn how to approach your spouse to discuss your vision for your shared future, an AskMarsVenus telephone relationship coach can help. Call 1-888-627-7836 or visit www.askmarsvenus.com for more information. John Gray has helped millions of men and women develop better relationships with his phenomenal New York Times bestseller "Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" (HarperCollins, 2004). For insight into dating and relationships today, visit Relationship Advice from MarsVenus.com.