10 Tips for Perfect Eyebrows
For more than 15 years, Leah Rial has been an in-demand makeup artist to an exclusive celebrity clientele. She has worked as a makeup artist for Vogue, Elle, W Magazine and Harper's Bazaar. Among Leah's clients are Kirsten Dunst, Tori Spelling, Milla Jovovich, Christian Bale, and Kyra Sedgwick.
Here are Leah's top 10 tips for achieving perfect brows:
- Do not over-pluck! This is the No. 1 mistake in eyebrow grooming.
- An arched eyebrow gives structure to a round, oval or heart-shaped face.
- Square and triangle faces look best with a soft brow.
- To find your inner brow line, hold a pencil along side your nose and cross the eye at the tear duct up to the brow. This is where your brow should begin.
- Find the outer edge of your brow by holding the pencil from the edge of your nose to the outer corner of your eye.
- Find the highest point of the arch by holding a pencil in front of the iris.
- Make sure brows taper at the ends. Thick ends do not look good on anybody.
- To widen close-set eyes, begin plucking slightly farther out than the inner line.
- Spray hairspray on the tips of fingers and apply to the brows to control unruly hairs.
- Buying good tweezers is the best investment you can make in your brows.