Five Tips for Keeping Your Face Clean and Healthy
How often should a person wash the face? Once in the morning, once in the evening, and, if necessary, after exercising -- usually does the trick. If the face skin suffers from dryness, once a day should be enough. But more frequent cleanings may be required if face skin is oily or prone to acne.
Here are a few tips that can help keep your face clean and fresh.
- Remove eye makeup with a soft sponge, cotton cloth, or cotton balls and moisturizing cream. This helps prevent damage to delicate tissue around the eyes.
- Stick with lukewarm water when washing. Avoid hot water, which dries out the skin.
- Skip a strong soap that doesn't contain moisturizer. It can strip oil from the skin and leave your skin dry.
- Avoid washing products containing perfumes or dyes.
- Forget using a washcloth, which can be abrasive on the skin. Use your hands to wash your face.
Source: The Commercial Appeal. Powered by Yellowbrix.