How Can I Reduce Stress Quickly During My Day?
Question: How can I reduce stress quickly during my day?
Answer: Simple deep breathing exercises have proved to bust stress, according to the a Stress Relief Kit for Boomers.
Here's how to achieve instant calm:
1. Inhale slowly and as completely as possible as you expand first the belly (below the navel), then the diaphragm, and finally the chest.
2. Hold for a few moments before exhaling.
3. Exhale in reverse pattern, slowly emptying the chest, the diaphragm, and then the belly.
4. Hold for a few moments before inhaling again.
5. Make sure that you exhale as fully and completely as you inhale.
6. Repeat 10 times the first few times you practice and then build up to a point where you feel comfortable with the process.
7. If you find yourself feeling stressed or anxious, continue to breathe like this until you feel more in control or more relaxed.
If at any time you begin to feel stressed again, just start your breathing technique and remember how much more in control and relaxed it makes you feel.