Healthy Products for Healthy Travel
Taking off for a camping trip in the mountains? A trek to Machu Picchu? A fall walking tour of Tuscany?
Nothing ruins good travel plans more than getting sick. Prevention is key! Next time you set out on a vacation, try packing some of these great natural products to help you stay in tip-top shape while you're away.
- NO Jet-Lag: This remedy offers homeopathic relief from time change and travel tiredness.
- Grapefruit Seed Extract (NutriBiotic): Great for bacterial and viral infections. Especially good for prevention of stomach unrest. We use it to clean water bottles/CamelBaks and to disinfect our toothbrushes!
- Cold Snap and Emergen-C: These two over-the-counter medications combine to offer a well-balanced herbal and nutritional approach to the early stages of cold and flu.
- Mint-Flavored CholorOxygen (Chlorophyll Concentrate): This is a terrific product with helps our bodys ability to absorb oxygen (in rare supply when traveling to high-altitude regions). Ive found it ideal for Colorado, Peru and the Himalayas!
- Ginger Wafers (Solaray): Ginger alleviates nausea and settles the stomach. These wafers are eight times more concentrated ant the crystallized form. The honey, molasses and Stevia in the wafers offset the pungent ginger taste.
- Stomach Rescue (Peaceful Mountain): Once youve got it (food poisoning, upset stomach, etc.), this will stop it!
- Sinus Rescue Spray (Peaceful Mountain): This spray is ideal for the recycled air on planes as it inhibits bacteria from breeding in your sinuses.
- Traumeel Gel (Heel): My favorite anti-inflammatory topical gel. This stuff is great for minor bruises, and muscle and back pain. It works like super-charged arnica.
- Rescue Remedy Spray (Bach): An overall great stress reliever without sedation. A must for stress on the road and at home.
- Lavender Essential Oils (Wendmere): This aromatherapy has calming and relaxing properties as well as the added bonus of antibacterial elements. Just put a few drops on a handkerchief or scarf and breathe.
- Hand Sanz Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer (All Terrain): Travel-size hand sanitizer without harsh synthetic chemicals. Use it often without worry.